Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Eartha



I am not quite sure how I missed the news....but did everybody know, except for me, that Eartha Kitt had passed away? Apparently it happened last Dec 2008.

I heard a rendition of Santa Baby last week and thought that it really couldn't be sung by anyone else except for Eartha!

Even caught a glimpse of her myself many years ago in Monte Carlo in my show girl days!

But here's one of my special photos....my pop, Ron Roberts playing bass for that fabulous lady. What a lucky man!

And a very belated Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

  1. I heard her sing in Seattle's Jazz Alley a few years ago, I guess it was 2007. Man, what inspiration, class, star power, an entertainer to the last. Literally. How was it possibly or her to be so sexy, yeah, funny, and hold us all rapt? Age is quite irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete