Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Thanks!

Well after some trepidation about not geting the numbers to attend our Hobart workshop....we discovered that Hobart is brimming with interested artsy people and our workshop was full.

I'd heard rumors that Tasmanians were very active in local arts and we were excited to have a broad range of participants in our workshop from singers to music therapists, yoga teachers and Feldenkrais practioners. Even an architect! (Although that was my good friend Peta whom I forced to come along!)

I'd like to thank everyone who attended and a special thanks to Ingrid Weisfelt who managed to find some time in her busy performance schedule of 'The Age I'm in' to come and assist me in running our first 'Movement & Voice Workshop' in Hobart.

The more we explore the link between voice and movement the more we recognize it's potential and fundamental importance in not only assisting singers and performers to release inhibitions but to release tense bodies and muscles allowing them to explore a greater vocal scope and ultimately find greater vocal freedom.

See you all at our next workshop. Will keep you posted.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment